Wendell is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, an honor given to only the top 1% of trial attorneys. In the past, he served as a volunteer coach for trial teams at the Notre Dame Law School and South Bend St. Joseph High School.
He also focuses on Elder law, advising seniors about their future medical needs. He helps with asset planning for people who may need Medicaid for nursing home care.
Wendell serves on the board of the Center for Hospice Care and Hospice Foundation, one of the nation’s leading not-for-profit hospice organizations. Past board service has included Big Brothers/Big Sisters, South Bend East Side Little League and Little Flower Church.
- Elder & Medicaid Law
- Asset Protections & Preservation
- Estate Planning & Probate
- Estate Administration
- Special Needs Planning
- Wills & Trusts
- Veterans Benefits Planning
- St. Joseph County Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Board Member, Center for Hospice Care, Inc. and Hospice Foundation, Inc.
- Past Coach, Notre Dame Law School Trial Teams
- Past Coach, South Bend St. Joseph High School Trial Teams
- Past Parish Council Member, Little Flower Catholic Church
- Past Board Member, East Side Little League of South Bend
- Past Board Member, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of St. Joseph County
- Father of twin sons who also graduated from Notre Dame
- Notre Dame fan
- Was a managing attorney for the Older Adults Project in South Bend
- Enjoys working with seniors and advising them about retirement planning, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and other areas
Wendell discusses a new update to Indiana’s Medicaid law and a planning strategy that every Indiana Medicaid nursing home resident needs to consider. For more information, please click here.