Richard B. Urda, Jr. – Partner
Rich Urda joined May Oberfell Lorber in 2022. After obtaining his J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School, Urda began practicing law in 1975 with Thornburg McGill Deahl Harman Carey and Murray and then established his own law firm - Urda Professional Corporation - in 1980. His areas of practice primarily involve employee benefits, trust and estate matters, and small business entity transactions.
- Corporate and Business
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Employee Benefits/ERISA
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel Fellow; Certified Indiana Estate Planning and Administration Specialist; St. Joseph County (President 2006-2007) Bar Association; Indiana State Bar Association; American Bar Association; State Bar of Michigan
- Charter member of the Indiana State Bar Association Probate, Trust and Real Property Section Board of Specialization; Charter member of St. Joseph County Public Defender Board; Chair of the Indiana State Bar Association Probate, Trust and Real Property Section Council in 2012-2013
- Chair of the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County, Inc. (2003-2004)
- President of LaSalle Council, Boy Scouts of America (2014-2016)
- Diocese of Ft. Wayne-South Bend Lay Member of Indiana Catholic Conference
- State of Michigan; State of Indiana
- United States Supreme Court; United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit; United States District Courts for Indiana; United States Tax Court
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., summa cum laude, 1972 University of Michigan, J.D., cum laude, 1975. Phi Beta Kappa.
- In addition to spending as much time with my wife Katie and my children and grandchildren as possible, I enjoy reading, playing golf, singing in the choir of Saint Matthew Cathedral, serving as a Merit Badge counselor, and delivering food for the St. Vincent DePaul Society. Making the transition from practicing on my own to practicing as a partner in one of the great Indiana law firms has been both demanding and exciting. I have now settled in and am eagerly looking forward to the years to come.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rating
- Listed in current and previous editions of The Best Lawyers in America for Employee Benefits; Named as an Indiana Super Lawyer for Employee Benefits by Indianapolis Monthly