Georgianne M. Walker – Partner
Georgianne came to May Oberfell Lorber as a law clerk in 2000. She earned her J.D. at Valparaiso University School of Law in 2001. Georgianne is licensed in both Indiana (2001) and Michigan (2002). Georgianne practices primarily in litigation, counseling and representing clients in medical malpractice and wrongful death claims, commercial litigation matters, shareholder disputes, employment litigation, and trust and estate litigation. Georgianne also serves on the Firm's Executive Committee. Georgianne was previously an adjunct assistant professor at the University of Notre Dame Law School where she taught a Deposition Skills course for five years. Georgianne’s compassion for animals is evident in her volunteer work with Chesapeake Bay Retriever Relief and Rescue, and her previous service on our local Zoo Board, where she served on the Zoo's Executive Committee. In her free time, she enjoys live music, watching college basketball, lifting weights, and hiking with her friends and family, including her Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Fenwick.
- Corporate & Business
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Defense
- Employment Litigation
- Obtained a favorable liability verdict in a multi-million dollar commercial litigation dispute, resulting in post-judgement settlement of $18.5 million.
- Represented clients in more than 25 jury trials
- Named a Super Lawyer 2018, 2019, and 2020
- St. Joseph County Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Michigan State Bar Association
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Volunteer, Chesapeake Bay Retriever Relief and Rescue
- Member, Achievement Forum, Inc.
- Member, Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Committee Member, Insurance Defense Section (DTCI)
- Member, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Former Assistant Adjunct Professor, University of Notre Dame
- Member, M.R. Falcons Nest 4
- State of Indiana
- State of Michigan
- United States District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- United States District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- B.S. in Economics from Indiana University South Bend, 1998
- J.D. from Valparaiso University School of Law, 2001
- Over 18 years of trial/courtroom experience
- Zealous animal lover/advocate
- IU fan
- Watch Georgianne Walker Participate in Legus International Women’s Day Panel
- The Litigation Psychology Podcast
- 30(B)(6) Depositions: The Face Of The Corporation
- Does a General Contractor Owe a Duty of Care to an Independent Contractor and/or its Employees?
- Can An Insurer Be Liable For Bad Faith When There Was No Coverage Available Under The Policy?