Labor law focuses on the relationship between employees and unions under the National Labor Relations Act. Employment law addresses relations between employers and individual employees, including charges of discrimination.
Regulated working hours, minimum wage, child labor restrictions and laws governing safe work conditions are all examples of Wage & Hour Law and OSHA Law.
From large organizations with complex issues, to small or mid -sized companies in need of employee relation matters, May Oberfell Lorber takes a practical, relationship-based approach to resolving your labor, employment law and human resource counselling needs.
Labor and Employment Law Services
We provide counsel in every area of the employer-employee relationship including:
- Title VII
- Sexual Harassment
- Recruitment, Employment Interviewing and Hiring Processes
- Employment Agreements
- Personnel Policy Development and Administration
- Facility Audits
- Employee Handbook Development
- Employee Discipline and Termination
- Terminations and Reduction-in-Force Issues
- Form I-9 Compliance and Immigration
- Management Training
- Benefit Administration
- Union and Organization Matters
- Collective Bargaining
- Contract and Grievance Administration
- Labor Arbitration
- NLRB and Unfair Labor Practice Matters
- OSHA and General Safety (including safety program development)
- FLSA/Wage and Hour Issues
- Worker’s Compensation
MOL also counsels employers in development of strategies to protect competitive interests, confidential information and trade secrets, as well as human resources and employee relations issues.
Our Approach to Labor and Employment Law
The legal team at May Oberfell Lorber has a culture of caring about the Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan region. Because we’re involved in the community, we seek to provide practical solutions that promote fairness for all parties involved. We also care about making sure small to large sized businesses can receive excellent and precise legal counsel at reasonable rates. Contact us about your labor and employment law needs, or to simply get to know our team.
Our News & Insights related to Labor & Employment
- A healthcare provider’s civil liability for an employee’s breach of patient confidentiality: Indiana’s evolving law on civil damages for breaches of medical privacy.
- FEDERAL LAW PROTECTS LGBT COMMUNITY FROM EMPLOYMENT DISCRIMINATION
- Human Resources – Observations From a 40-Year Career
- Why Employers Should Engage in the Interactive Process